Blog update: “Cream puff(*^^*)”
Maimi puts on her chef’s hat and walks us through baking cream puffs in her December 12th update “Cream puff(*^^*)“. Full translation below.
Around noon today,
I made treats for the first time in awhile(((o(*゜▽゜*)o)))
What I made was…
First, the ingredients are:
Powdered sugar……Appropriate amount (It’s okay if you don’t use any!(^_－)－☆)
※Sieve the wheat flour!
※Adjust the amount of egg until you have exactly 170g(^_－)－☆
And then, for the “whipped cream”:
※Keep the fresh cream cooled in the refrigerator.
1. Mix the oil and water in a saucepan and put over a high flame!
2. Remove the saucepan from flame once it starts boiling.
3. Immediately add the wheat flour and stir with a wooden spoon until thick.
(Please stir it quickly until it is smooth and no longer powdery.)
4. Put it over a low flame for about 20~30 seconds, and heat while stirring the batter.
5. Turn off the flame, and stir the batter while pushing it against the saucepan. Do this until steam no longer comes out while stirring!
6. Spread out the batter and pour a little of the egg on top!
And then, so that it’s mixed evenly, stir the batter until it’s smooth!
※Repeat this until you’ve used all of the egg!
Once you’ve done that, the batter will become like a cream
7. Preheat the oven to 210℃.
8. Spread out a cooking sheet and gently squeeze out the batter which you put into a pastry bag into circles with a circumference of roughly 4.5cm!
9. Soak the tip of a toothpick in water, and after wiping the water off, create a mark in the batter that looks like this →＊ by using that toothpick and gently cutting into the batter from one side of the circle to the next!
10. Spray all of the batter gently with water. 3 or 4 times!
11. When the oven is finished preheating, lower the temperature to 200℃ and put the batter in the oven for 20 minutes, then lower the temperature again to 180℃ and bake for an additional 20 minutes!
※Don’t open the oven door(^_－)－☆
12. Make the fresh cream!
Fill a large bowl with ice water, and put another bowl on top of that,
then put the fresh cream and sugar in that bowl once it’s chilled and leave it for 3 minutes!
13. Use a whisk to earnestly mix it so that it becomes filled with air!
※Do this while the bowl is still in the ice water.
14. You’re done when the cream has a firm and soft peak!
15. When the puff batter is baked, let it sit in the oven for 10 minutes without opening the door!
16. Remove the batter,
and sandwich the fresh cream inside after its cooled enough
17. Sift the powdered sugar on top of the creme puffs…
And you’re done
I tasted one right away
…But… I don’t really like cream puffs, and I don’t usually eat them…!(◎_◎;)
So I couldn’t tell if they were delicious or notΣ(￣。￣ノ)ノ
I’ll wait until my dad, who loves cream puffs, returns from work(((o(*゜▽゜*)o)))
By the way, I’m considerably tired from mixing the whipped cream(－＿－；)
Though my arms hurt, I thought “I’ve gotta keep mixing” and mixed while stomping my feet as well ε-( ´Д｀; )
It’d be better if I used an electric mixer…f^_^;
I took it out, but I thought it’d be difficult to clean afterwards, so I did my best to manually mix(⌒-⌒; )
Everyone, if you make it, please do your best mixing and don’t give up(;^_^A
I hope my muscles don’t hurt tomorrow…(°_°)
Right now, clear files are being distributed at HMV stores across the country and on HMV ONLINE as part of the Hello! Project and HMV collaboration “Hello! X’mas Project Campaign”, and they started giving out ℃-ute clear files from the 11th
【Part 5】 12/11 (Wed.) ~ 12/18 (Wed.): ℃-ute
Please check here for details
Cell phone: http://m.hmv.co.jp/pr/hxp/
Posted on December 12, 2013, in Blog, Translations and tagged Yajima Maimi. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
To the brave souls that would try to cook something based of a translated recipe: Maimi has already updated the blog again and recommended against it, as her dad didn’t like the cream puffs very much.